This intriguing early Saturday encounter at the Etihad sees an increasingly inconsistent Manchester City take on a Newcastle side hoping to bounce back from last weekend’s Carabao Cup final defeat.
Recently relegated points by City against Tottenham and Nottingham Forest allowed Arsenal to open up a five-point lead at the top of the Premier League, and manager Pep Guardiola will be determined not to let that gap grow any further this weekend.
While City have the most dangerous striker in the league in Erling Haaland, the free-scoring Norwegian star looks set to face a daunting challenge on Saturday in adding to his tally of 27 goals.
Manager Eddie Howe has made it difficult for Newcastle, whose side have the best defense in the top four divisions of English football, having conceded just 15 goals in total and just six in their last 14 Premier League matches.
Despite these stats, Newcastle have only four wins from their last 12 matches. This run saw them drop out of the top four, and last Sunday’s defeat at Wembley by Man United likely sent another dip in the New Jersey side’s morale.
Below, we’ll identify the best Live TV services To use it to watch the game live wherever you are in the world.
Manchester City vs Newcastle United: when and where?
Manchester City hosts Newcastle at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday, March 3. Kick-off is set for 12.30pm UK local time (7:30am EST, 4.30am PT in the US, 11.30pm EST in Australia).
How to watch Man City vs Newcastle online from anywhere using a VPN
If you find yourself unable to watch the game locally, you may need a different way to watch the game – using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to prevent your ISP from throttling your speeds on game day by encrypting your traffic, it’s also a great idea if you’re traveling and find yourself on Wi-Fi, and you want to add an extra layer of privacy to your devices and private logins your.
With a VPN, you can physically change your location on your phone, tablet, or laptop to access the game. Most VPNs, eg Editors’ Choice, ExpressVPNMake it really easy to do.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in any country where VPN is legal, including the US, UK and Canada, as long as you have a legitimate subscription to the service you’re streaming. You need to be sure to set up your VPN properly to prevent leaks: even when VPNs are legal, the streaming service may terminate the account of anyone it deems to be properly circumventing applicable obfuscation restrictions.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other greats VPN deals taking place now.
ExpressVPN is our current top VPN pick for people who want a reliable and secure VPN, and it works on a wide variety of devices. Normally $13 per month, you can sign up for ExpressVPN and save 49% plus get three months of access for free – the equivalent of $6.67 per month – if you get an annual subscription.
Note that ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Live broadcast of the Manchester City vs Newcastle match in the United States
This EPL clash is broadcast on the USA Network, which you can access as part of your cable package or at NBC Sports website With a valid login, it can be streamed via FuboTV and Sling TV.
FuboTV is one of the best sports streaming services for football fans, and more importantly for cord-cutters who want to watch the EPL, USA Network, which broadcasts many games that are not shown on Peacock. However, it’s pricey, with prices starting at $75 per month, so if you don’t plan on using FuboTV to access other soccer — including Serie A, Ligue 1, Liga MX, and more — you might get a better service than Sling Blue, which USA Network also carries from $40 per month.
Live broadcast of the Manchester City vs Newcastle match in the United Kingdom
The rights to the English Premier League in the UK are split between Sky Sports, BT Sport and BT Sport Amazon Prime Video. Man City vs. Newcastle is exclusive to BT Sports – appearing on its channels BT Sports 1, BT Sports 1 HD and BT Sports Ultra. BT Sport can either be taken directly through BT as part of one of the many TV packages or added to Sky and Virgin packages if they are your provider. You can also avoid any obligations and subscribe to the BT Sport monthly pass without a contract for 30 days.
A 30-day BT Pass provides full access to every BT Sport channel for £25 without a contract (price rises to £30 on 17 February). The pass allows you to watch BT’s coverage of the EPL, Champions League and more through the BT Sport app on smart TVs, mobile phones, tablets, game consoles and Chromecast, as well as via the BT Sport website.
Live broadcast of the Manchester City match against Newcastle in Canada
If you want to stream the encounter at Etihad Stadium live in Canada, you will need to subscribe to FuboTV Canada. The service has exclusive rights to this Premier League season.
FuboTV is the destination of choice for Canadians looking to catch the Premier League this season with exclusive broadcast rights to every game. It costs CAD 25 per month, although you can save some cash by paying quarterly or annually.
Live broadcast of the Manchester City vs Newcastle match in Australia
Down Under football fans can watch this match via the Optus Sport streaming service, which is showing every Premier League match live in Australia this season.
With exclusive rights to show every Premier League game live this season, as well as Bundesliga and La Liga matches, the Optus Sport streaming service is a huge draw for Australian football fans.
If you’re already an Optus Network customer, you can purchase Optus Sport at a discount, with discounts that bring the price down to $7 per month. If you’re not, a standalone monthly subscription to the service starts at $25 AUD.
Quick tips for streaming the Premier League with a VPN
- With four variables at play – your ISP, browser, video streaming provider, and VPN – your experience and success when streaming EPL matches may vary.
- If you don’t see your desired location as ExpressVPN’s default, try using the “Search for a city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble getting the game after turning on the VPN and setting it to the correct viewing area, there are a couple of things you can try for a quick fix. First, log into your streaming service subscription account and make sure the address registered for the account is an address in the correct viewing area. If not, you may need to change the physical address registered to your account. Second, some smart TVs — such as Roku — don’t have VPN apps that you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you’ll have to install a VPN on your router or mobile hotspot you’re using (like your phone) so that any device on its Wi-Fi network now appears in the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN service providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main site for quickly installing a VPN on your router. In some cases with Smart TV services, after you install the cable network’s sports app, you’ll be prompted to check a digital code or click a link sent to your email address on file with your Smart TV. This is where having a VPN on your router will also help, as both devices will appear to be in the correct location.
- And remember, browsers can often give away a site despite using a VPN, so make sure you’re using a privacy-first browser to log into your services. We usually recommend brave.